Search & Selection Process + Client Partnership = Practically Guaranteed Success
A detailed search process based upon 20+ years of successful experience.
Conducting an extensive search on your own is a time consuming process that distracts you organization from what it does best and is often more costly than you might think. At Gerard Alexander we’ve distilled our 20+ years of successful search experience into a 5-part overall plan of action and is detailed in our exclusive 25-step process.
At The Gerard Alexander Consulting Group a successful search is the result of a partnership between a motivated and involved client and an experienced, well-trained recruitment professional. We begin by 1) LISTENING. We then apply that knowledge to in-depth research followed by our exclusive 2) SEARCH AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS that will identify, screen, and evaluate potential candidates for your position. Through our 3) COMPREHENSIVE INTERVIEWING we then guide your candidates of interest through every stage of the interview process including 4) NEGOTIATIONS on your behalf during the final offer stage to your candidate of choice to ensure their acceptance. Finally, our 5) FOLLOW THROUGH procedures will monitor closely that the hired candidate’s transition into your team is a smooth one from offer acceptance to resignation, on through their start date and continues into the first year of their tenure with your company.
By doing what we do best, you can then return to running your business with the confidence that The Gerard Alexander Consulting Group will recruit talent for you that others cannot while taking the pain away from your hiring process.
Possibly the most important part of the search process. If we don’t understand exactly what you want in a candidate, then the results of the search are useless. That’s why Gerard Alexander concentrates on listening first.
1. Conduct a complete needs analysis that will provide us with all pertinent information required to complete a professional search. Includes brainstorming on how to attract candidates from your top competitors.
2. Build a profile of the ideal candidate against which to screen potentials. If desired, interview your top-performing employees as part of the profiling process. Prepare a typewritten document outlining the PERFECT PROFILE and a plan of how to present the opportunity. Obtain your sign-off.
3. Consult with you on industry compensation standards and construct a compensation framework.
4. Assemble the project team and begin marketplace research. Examine direct and indirect competitors and identify additional companies that employ candidates possessing the skills you seek.
5. Complete review and revise the list of targeted companies and candidates. Obtain your sign-off.
Search and Recruitment
This is where The Gerard Alexander Consulting Group’s years of experience really pay off! We are highly skilled to identify the best talent in your marketplace – the “passive candidate” market. We don’t go after people actively looking for another position, but focus on the top performers who are employed and already doing the same job for someone else.
6. We conduct in-depth telephone interviews with interested candidates utilizing our behavioral based questions to ascertain three crucial qualifiers:
- Do they have the appropriate background?
- Are they willing to make a move for the right opportunity?
- Do their goals match yours?
7. Depending upon the search arrangement and the level of the search, we may even conduct face-to-face interviews with potential candidates through in-person meetings and/or web-based video-conferencing.
8. We present and discuss with you our short list of candidates that we feel are most suited for the role you are looking to fill.
9. We submit resumes along with an analysis of the discussions we’ve had with the selected candidates.
Here’s where you determine if you have a match. We’ve already increased the likelihood of a successful hire for you by taking the necessary steps of listening to your needs, weighing them against the candidate’s motivations and skill sets, then presenting those that best meet your requirements. Our job is to now smooth the way during this vital introductory process.
10. We arrange and schedule first telephone or face-to-face interviews for you with the interested candidates that you want to see.
11. We prepare the candidates for their first interview with you including a full briefing on what it is you expect during the meeting.
12. We prepare you for the first interview with an emphasis on each candidate’s specific goals and “sell” points on what they hope to achieve should they make a move to your organization.
13. We debrief the candidate after each interview and report back to you on the specifics.
14. We debrief you and discuss preliminary conclusions. We also professionally and politely release any candidate you wish to no longer pursue.
15. We provide results of in-depth reference checks.
16. We arrange and schedule second interviews and discuss particular areas of concern.
17. We again debrief both you and the candidate after each successive interview and report back to you with the results.
Here again, our extensive experience makes the difference. Our years of dealing with delicate negotiations will help you avoid potential pitfalls. Our goal is a win-win result for you and your candidate of choice.
18. We verify earnings and negotiate a win-win compensation package.
19. Upon request, we provide educational verification, credit history, motor vehicle records, and/or drug testing results.
20. We deliver the verbal offer to the candidate to ensure acceptance.
21. We consult with the candidate and walk them through the resignation process and guide them on how to avoid counteroffer acceptance.
22. We confirm the start date and obtain the signed offer letter commitment from the candidate.
With The Gerard Alexander Consulting Group, the process is not over upon delivery of a signed offer letter. We employ a complete post search debriefing protocol to oversee the new hire’s transition into your position, analyze our search efforts, and conduct a performance review of our search process for ways to improve our effectiveness for your next search assignment.
23. We conduct follow up calls to remain in contact with the new hire while also checking in with you throughout their resignation process; including their last day on the old job, again on their start date, and subsequently remain in contact throughout their onboarding into your organization for the first 90 days of employment.
24. We conduct a search performance review with you to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the search and how we can improve our efforts on your next assignment.
25. We will ask you for a letter of recommendation and/or permission to use you as a reference for future business.